History of MASIA DEL CADET
The current owners live and the Cadet House, formerly called Old Farm Cadet by disuse, are Montse Corominas, daughter of Mrs. founders. Merce Vidal and Joan Corominas fourth generation hoteliers and Ruben Clota son Vinaixa and geologist by profession.
Parents na Montse Corominas acquired the house through inheritance and takes out comprehensive reforms to update its internal and external according to modern needs and with the sole purpose of putting the house in his category hotel – restaurant. Opened on 13 July 1989.
Although this house has undergone the necessary reforms, the owners had the sensitivity to preserve the structure of its facade and preserve and clean the keystone of the arch segments of the entrance gate to the farmhouse where s’ engraved inscription “Peter John Vidal – 1763.” Recall that the eighteenth century is the highest building farms and houses in Catalonia.
Here we report a case curious about the owners of this house, which from time immemorial was a home to live the work they did the work and kiln tiles touching almost in the same house and property is currently part.
If back in the second half of the sixteenth century we find that the latter property was called the oven tiles. Lawrence Miró family today almost disappeared in the town of Espluga Francolí popularly known by the nickname “Cal White,” which in this century had a house on the street of the water that bordered behind by the sequieta . It was a family closely linked to population Espluga, and its major owners were late; but this appears to us as a family Teulera one time or another, so far no one knows what it means to, if it was for sale or using a wedding heiress …. The fact is that in this house, because the built a Vidal appears as the keystone to its website.
Giving out the eighteenth century, which is the date that Don Stone said, we are the following people: Peter John Vidal “Teuler” Callau and married Anne Fortin, died August 31, 1793; then Callau John Vidal, the son of previous chaste Mary Oliva Figuerola del Camp January 26, 1792, and who lived in the farmhouse notable Cadet- says, these names coincide with the East + recorded on this stone, it could be that the builder of the house was the first thing that came out of Vidal. Then follow these characters Teulera Manuel Vidal Callau, brother of the preceding, married Raimunda Jove and Safe Montblanc April 4, 1793.
In this family is that the furnace was fine, as it also acquired properties in the village, of which over the years had been steadily shedding, until recently, still retained Anselm Clave Street.
Another exceptional case was given at the beginning of the present century, and dated May 31, 1902, Josep Vidal Cullell (son of Joseph Vidal Poblet Serafina Cullell) married the girl monkey and Mercedes Martin (of White needed). Now we see this house again in the name of the Apes, just as we are given a case. This girl was the daughter of John Micó spouses and Rosalie Martin Altafulla. That gave the fruit of marriage 4 children: Joseph Vidal Micó Maria, Serafina and the Mercedes.
Josep Vidal Micó he married the maiden Borras and Joan Gili, which gave rise to two children: Mary and Josep Maria Borras Merce Vidal Vidal Borras.
Josep Maria and his current wife trendy Hotel Monasterio (Del Centro Hotel for many years) and Merce, inherited the farmhouse Old Cadet. Here we find two brothers who inherited parental buildings suitable to play a certain number of tenants summer. The building of the hotel is also large monastery, founded in 1881 by Josep Vidal Poblet, when they were a few years of euphoria works for the place called The Country, as the owner also has said yet ferruginous a fountain called the Fountain of the Mico
The girl, Maria Mercedes, Regent House for 22 years as a Cadet colon hotel restaurant, very effective, gaining diplomas of merit Tourism and all kinds of culinary accolades for his work. In 1992 he published a book “The Country Cooking of Poblet,” currently sold out quite successfully, and now lives in retirement in peace meters from the farmhouse.
Origins of “DEL CADET”
It is vital to know why did this old house took the nickname “the younger”, and that is why we go back to the early century. Century, during the Peninsular War (1808-1813). During this period, the Higher Council of Catalonia, went in search of safe places, and on 3 May 1809, was established in Poblet, which was chosen for its central location in Catalonia and to have a good health status , as in some Catalan towns had severe epidemics. The Board was in Poblet 30 October 1909 This physical contact with the Junta Superior Monastery should be a deciding factor in his choice to set up an academy or school of cadets army.
The school was founded in 1810 to train the officers who had commanded the contingent of Army troops defender of Catalonia. It was installed outside the buildings closing, next the chapel of Sta. Catherine. The senior staff and teachers were lodged in the hostel of the same monastery. This school was abolished in 1819.
During the nine years of living in Poblet pasta to bread to all the would bake the Cadet House, which is still preserved restored; For this reason, the house took carried the nickname Farm Cadet.
To learn more:
núm. 7 i núm . 8 ; “Capbreu de la Comanda de Sant Joan de Jerusalem, 1558 “
Butlletí d’Estudis Locals, Núm. 18: “Els oficis de teulers” per Josep Maria Calbet i Pere Vallribera